Publishing Open Access is not necessarily upon payment. Authors may post their works Open Access following different paths:
Green OA - the green road to Open Access provides for the self-archiving of the allowed version of the work in an institutional or disciplinary repository at no additional costs.
Gold OA - implies the payment of an APC – Article Processing Charge to publish either in OA native journals or in those proposing OA options (Hybrid Journals).
Embargo – it is a temporal delay starting from the publication of the article's online first. The embargo is not always mandatory. In such a case, it applies to the allowed version(s) of the work only.
Authors may refer to the Sherpa-Romeo website or contact the Library staff for further information about the version(s) allowed for self-archiving by each publisher.
Publishers usually allow the deposit of the: preprint, postprint, Version of Record (upon payment of an APC or in the cases of OA publishers with no additional costs).
Further details are available here.
AIP Open Access
- Green OA
- Embargo - AIP does not impose any embargo on the preprint, while the postprint may be deposited in an open repository after 12 months.
- Gold OA
CNR signed a “Read&Publish” agreement with this publisher.
Read&Publish (R&P) agreements include:
- free reading access and free download of all publisher's journal (Read quota)
- publication of an agreed number of OA articles (Publish quota) - the corresponding author must be CNR affiliated
CNR-AIP contract include up to 54 OA articles on AIP journals for CNR authors. APCs for the listed AIP Hybrid Journals are covered.
- Applied Physics Letters The Journal of Chemical Physicss
- Applied Physics Reviews
- AVS Quantum Science
- Chinese Journal of Chemical Physics
- Journal of Applied Physics
- Journal of Laser Applications
- Journal of Mathematical Physics
- Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data
- Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Physics of Fluids
- Physics of Plasmas
- Review of Scientific Instruments
- The Journal of Chemical Physics