The Library manages the update, the preservation and the dissemination of the bibliographic heritage of the Institutes in the CNR Area through the provision of the following services:
- reference and support in bibliographic search
- use of the resources
- acquisition of the resources
- cataloguing and preservation of the resources
- loan, interlibrary loan
- document delivery
The Library takes part in:
- Permanent Committee of CNR Libraries: cooperation in the promotion and management of the CNR’s bibliographic and documentary resources;
- Permanent Committee of the National Serials Catalogue - ACNP and to the development activities of the Service;
- GL Conferences Program Committee – Greynet International (Amsterdam). The Library Staff is operating in the field of "grey literature", carrying out research activities, identification, description and access to grey literature in networked environments.
- is Italian Reference and Training Centre for the library automation system LIBERO. The library staff is in charge of the system set-ups and management, providing assistance to other librarians and users. Libero server hosts external catalogues of other CNR institutes, as well as other external collections.
- is office of the National Civile Service project [UNSC - Servizio Civile Nazionale] - Una Biblioteca Digitale CNR per la Scienza e la Tecnica: dal Prototipo al Servizio.
- advice on the theoretical and practical aspects of Open Access;
- verification of editorial policies and contacts with publishers.
- Design and development of services as support for the CNR scientific community; development of web-based information services.
- Supply of online informative services to the research community of CNR-Area in Pisa and to external libraries and research bodies.
- MetaOpacPisano (MOP), the Collective Catalogue that allows integrated access to the documentary resources of the major libraries of the Pisa area.
- Management of the research products.
- Support in the research assessment (VQR) procedures.
- Support in the research products management in the PEOPLE institutional archive.
- Collaboration with the ISTI Research Laboratory Networked Multimedia Information Systems (NeMIS) in the management of the ISTI Open Portal, a platform dedicated to the enrichment and visualization of scientific contributions deposited in People.
Training, support, and consulting in ICT, librarianship, and documentary service to librarians and other operators, especially in the field of library automation, digital libraries, bibliographic services, metadata, interoperability and accessibility standards, web-based information services, communication protocols, cybersecurity, copyright and Open Access rules and regulations.