Web of Science (WoS), published by Clarivate Analytics, is a platform for bibliographic research including various local and international databases (Corea, Russia, Latin America and China), designed to support scientific and academic research.
Some databases focus on a specific research topic and on related disciplines, e.g. Medline (Medicine), BIOSIS Citation Index (Botany, Zoology, and Microbiology), and Zoological Record (Zoology); others concern specific documentary typologies, such as Derwent Innovations Index (patents) and Data Citation Index (datasets and studies on data).
The platform indexes 34,200 journals, books, proceedings, patents, and datasets.
Journals --- from 1800
Patents --- from 1963
To check if an article has been indexed in WoS click here.
To check if a journal, a book or a conference has been indexed in WoS click here or search in the list of contents.
Users can read more about WoS policy for contents' selection clicking here.
Web of Science Core Collection
It is the main resource in the platform, containing more than 20,000 international academic journals of high rank (including Open Access journals); more than 190,000 conference proceedings, and more than 90,000 book titles. The disciplines covered are more than 250 in STM, SSH, and Humanities.
Web of Science Core Collection: Citation Indexes
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-Expanded) --- from 1965
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) --- from 1965
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) --- from 1975
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S) --- from 1990
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) --- from 1990
- Book Citation Index – Science (BKCI-S) --- from 2005
- Book Citation Index – Social Science & Humanities (BKCI-SSH) --- from 2005
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) --- from 2005
Web of Science Core Collection: Chemical Indexes
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-Expanded) --- from 1985
- Index Chemicus (IC) --- from 1993