Publishing Open Access is not necessarily upon payment. There are several ways to make an article available in open access.
CNR signed a Read&Publish contract with this publisher.
All guidance on how to use the CNR-ACS contract can be found on the "Pubblicare Open Access al CNR" [Publishing Open Access at CNR] website.
Read&Publish (R&P) contracts include:
- reading access and downloads of all of the publisher's journals (Read fee)
- publication of an agreed number of articles in Open Access (Publish fee)-as long as the corresponding author is a CNR author.
ACS Open Access
- Green OA
- Embargo - ACS does not foresee any embargo for the preprint, while the postprint can be opened after 12 months.
- ACS journals (Hybrid and Gold Journals)
- Gold OA
- ACS Articles on Request (AOR): When an article is published in an ACS journal, corresponding authors are provided with a link that offers up to 50 free digital prints of the final published work. This link is valid for the first 12 months following online publication, and can be shared via email or an author’s website. After one year, the access restrictions to your article will be lifted, and you can share the Articles on Request URL on social media and other channels
ACS fully Open Access journals